The AIDS Foundation of Chicago (AFC) is seeking a creative and motivated individual to intern in its External Relations Department as a Social Media Intern. This is an excellent opportunity to gain practical experience while working at an active, upbeat non-profit.
The Social Media Intern will intern directly with the Digital Communications Specialist. This internship will focus on AFC’s presence on social media sites, including Facebook and Instagram. The intern will learn how to curate and create content that inspires our target audience to engage more with AFC. The Social Media Intern will also have the opportunity to learn about HIV/AIDS prevention, care and advocacy, and other issues related to AFC’s mission.
This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills acquired in the educational setting and apply them in a professional setting. The intern will gain a better understanding of the role that social media can play in a non-profit setting and be better prepared to work in the field of nonprofit communications and marketing.
The Social Media Intern will learn:
- Best practices for monitoring and posting on social networks;
- Workflow for social media communications;
- Effective strategies to increase AFC’s web traffic, brand awareness, and content engagement;
- How to write and create targeted content for AFC’s online presence;
- Tracking and analysis of social media networks;
- Effective communication of analytics.
- Current or recent enrollment in a graduate or undergraduate degree program;
- Extremely proficient in social media and online communications with documented Facebook and Instagram experience;
- Exceptional writing ability;
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated;
- Ability to work in a group setting;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet applications;
- Experience volunteering with nonprofit organizations desired;
- Able to commit to a minimum of three months for this internship.
This internship is unpaid (stipend available). Details will be provided during the interview process. AFC can also help interns obtain college credit, if available from your school. Interns will receive necessary training and staff supervision. The Social Media Internship requires at least 15 hours/week for a minimum of three months, although longer internships are preferred. Communications, Marketing, and Journalism majors are encouraged to apply.
All candidates must submit a cover letter and resume, and completed application form, which can be found at: www.aidschicago.org/internapplication
Please submit all application materials to:
Email (preferred): Interns@aidschicago.org
Mail: AFC Intern Program, 200 W Jackson Blvd, Ste 2100, Chicago, IL 60606
This opportunity started on June 5, 2019, 1 a.m. and ended on Aug. 31, 2019, 1 a.m. EDT and happens once. All events occur at an action's local time based on the latest information provided to us. The time listed here has been automatically converted to your device's timezone if yours is different.
200 W Jackson Blvd, Ste 2100, Chicago, Illinois, 60606, USA
My Action Status
This action has ended, but you can still contact the event organizer to see if there are other ways to help. If you completed it, click the 'completed' button below to get credit and track your impact.
For every action you complete, we plant one tree 🌳
Send us a photo of you completing it to firstname.lastname@example.org or tag @brightest, we'll make it two 🌳🌳