Organization and Program Background: ALVAINA is an acronym for A Leadership & Learning Venture Accessible Internationally and Nationally for All. We are concerned about communities affected by problems rooted in social polarization and economic inequality. We believe education is an ingredient that can be used to address these problems through school, family, and community participation and cross-sectoral collaboration. Thus, our mission is to bridge the socio-economic development gap through research-based education programs, advocacy, and technical assistance.
The Program Manager reports directly to the CEO. The incumbent will manage the data collection activities of a team of seasonal interns or volunteers. Additionally, the incumbent will establish relationships with stakeholders to advance ALVAINA’s mission and work with the board in developing the organization’s strategic plan.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of volunteers’ data collection activities (e.g. surveys, focus groups, podcasts)
- Assist in establishing/managing relationships with stakeholders (e.g. schools, non-profits, academia, board, etc.)
- Manage and submit summer interns’ timesheets for processing
- Recruit both under-/graduate students for data collection activities.
- Liaise with the board in updating the strategic plan
*Please note that this position is unpaid with the potential for paid employment based on funding availability. This experience may also count towards academic course credit.
- Knowledgeable and interested in the mission of ALVAINA Foundation
- Awareness of the issues and challenges in education, youth, and development
- Proficiency in Microsoft 2000 (especially Excel) and able to learn new programs
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to details. Self-motivated and deadline oriented.
- Desire to strive for perfection with an interest to learn and grow from the experience
- Degree or academic credit/work experience in business administration, social sciences, engineering, communications, or any other relevant field
- This position is open to start immediately. Interested applicants should send a resume and a brief cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org.
This opportunity starts on June 10, 2019, midnight and ends Sept. 1, 2019, midnight EDT and happens once. All events occur at an action's local time based on the latest information provided to us. The time listed here has been automatically converted to your device's timezone if yours is different.
2301 Georgia Avenue NW, Suite D, c/o In3 Incubator, Washington DC, 20001, USA