Did you know?The American Red Cross nationallyresponds to an emergency every 8 minutes! 95% of local emergencies are home-fires.
Locally, you can select your shifts ahead of time, and disaster meetings take place monthly in Charlottesville and are in the evenings (630P).
Join our amazing Red Cross volunteer network and serve as one a local Red Cross Disaster Responders or "Disaster Action Team (DAT) member. DAT members support their local community in their darkest hour. You respond in your community (includes county and city), but can expand your response radius.
Red Cross disaster responders or "Disaster Action Team" (DAT) members bring the Red Cross mission directly to the client, they respond in their community, but can expand their response radius.
All supplies, training, and orientation is provided by the Red Cross!
- Support the family through the event, assess if mental health or health services is needed
- Bring each family member a comfort kit, made up of toiletry items
- Provide financial assistance to the client / activate the Red Cross Client Assistance Cards (CACs)
- In winter, provide blankets for the families
- Bring on the scene canteen services (water, coffee, and snacks)
- Complete all information necessary for Casework follow up / enter online into CAS
*Reliable transportation and basic familiarity with technology is necessary*
This is a flexible activity that can be completed whenever you have enough free time.
Please Contact Us for Details, Warrenton, Virginia, 20188, USA