Volunteer Chapter Lead - Military Leaders and Civilian Leaders needed!
Have a passion for military families? Looking for a volunteer role where you will gain valuable real-life experience? We are looking for you to join our dynamic and growing volunteer team!
Our Volunteer Chapter Leaders are the face of Blue Star Families at the local level. The Volunteer Chapter Lead will serve as a liaison between the military and civilian communities in their community. The Chapter Leaders will represent Blue Star Families at local events, work with and mentor volunteers, help host events for various programs and participate in community meetings and collaborations. This Volunteer role requires a one year commitment to the duties and responsibilities below.
What you will be doing:
- Helping to recruit and assemble chapter leadership roles in accordance with the chapter organizational chart
- Mentoring volunteers
- Providing guidance to help grow the chapter and deliver consistent programs to military families and neighbors within the community
- Scheduling, attending and leading various chapter area meetings to review and discuss chapter activities and initiatives
- Establish key area relationships with community and installation leaders and donors
- You are familiar with the community and have a desire to support military families
- You have experience leading a team of volunteers
- You are confident, a self starter and skilled in taking initiative
- You have experience developing and leading plans and projects
- You are skilled in utilizing social media platforms and have excellent communication skills
This opportunity starts on Aug. 1, 2019, midnight and ends Aug. 1, 2020, midnight CDT and happens once. All events occur at an action's local time based on the latest information provided to us. The time listed here has been automatically converted to your device's timezone.
Chicago Metro Area, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, USA