Who We Are
Chamber Orchestra of New York, the city’s premier fully-auditioned young professionals orchestra, is a springboard for young classical music artists, an on-ramp for classical music lovers, and a starting point of music education for youth.
We aim to achieve our mission through our lighthearted, engaging music programming and our programs including The Respighi Prize music competition for emerging soloists, composers and conductors, New York Conducting Workshop, and our new education initiative Maestro Juniors for Title One New York City Public Schools.
In 2007, Chamber Orchestra of New York (CONY) performed its inaugural concert in Zankel Hall at Carnegie Hall, where it now holds its annual Masterworks Series. The orchestra also performs regularly at The Morgan Library & Museum and Adelphi University Performing Arts Center. The orchestra’s Naxos Records albums are airing internationally to critical acclaim.
This year, we are performing five concerts:
Friday, November 16, 2018, 7:30pm Weill Hall, Carnegie Hall
Thursday, February 14, 2019, 7:30pm Weill Hall, Carnegie Hall
Thursday, June 6, 2019, 7:30pm Weill Hall, Carnegie Hall
Friday, June 7, 2019, 7:30pm, Adelphi University Performing Arts Center
Thursday, June 27, 2019, 7:30pm Cary Hall at DiMenna Center
We also perform for fashion shows, such as Dolce & Gabbana and Tory Burch. Dependent on the client, there may be further opportunities to work together with the Marketing Manager on these projects.
CONY is seeking to rebrand its image this year with engaging 25 to 45 year old audiences and prospective sponsors through social media and other marketing channels. We are seeking to highlight the color and chaos of classical music through intimate portraits of the performers and audience.
The Marketing and Communications Manager position is a critical customer-facing role that will serve as the contact point for social media and in-person events for the organization. The goal of this position is gain an increased awareness of Chamber Orchestra of New York in the NYC metro region in order to sell tickets to our concerts, raise money from supporters and sponsors, increase our network of online followers, sell merchandise, and generate quality applications for our New York Conducting Workshop and The Respighi Prize.
Marketing Manager and Communications Manager is a central role responsible for formulating local marketing programs and related communications plan to support our local community. S/he will handle social media posts and communications with our audience as well as manage our concert table to be the main communications person for the organization.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Developing and executing a digital roadmap designed to enable wonderful customer experiences.
- Plan and execute marketing campaigns using online templates across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and our website.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assess against goals (KPIs and ROI). Provide analysis of what works and what doesn’t back to the organization on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with the Music Director, Orchestra Manager and Education Manager to align priorities, lead generation, growth, and retention.
- Plays a major role in enhancing brand awareness within the digital space as well as driving website traffic and acquiring sponsorship leads and ticket buyers.
- Communicate the mission, history, and programs of the organization both online and at concerts before and during intermission.
- Opportunity to plan, manage, and execute direct mail and email campaigns, provided time and budget allotted.
- Provide feedback about advertising campaigns for social media and print media.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Hands-on experience building digital marketing campaigns.
- Must have experience with and knowledge of classical music.
- Strong understanding of campaign KPI performance metrics and SEO.
- Experience and knowledge of classical music and its history is important.
- Excellent analytical skills and confidence in utilizing data in Excel and other tools.
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail.
- A clear communicator both written and verbal.
- Flourishes in a collaborative environment, with an energetic and engaging personality.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
- Good time management and prioritization skills.
This is a part-time role, with the ability to plan and schedule social media posts in advance. Concert attendance is mandatory.
Hourly rate: $25 per hour, 20 hours per production, which includes three hours at each of the five concerts during the orchestra’s season.
This opportunity started on Sept. 24, 2018, 7 p.m. and ended on July 3, 2019, 10 p.m. EDT and happens once. All events occur at an action's local time based on the latest information provided to us. The time listed here has been automatically converted to your device's timezone if yours is different.
57th Street and Seventh Ave, New York, New York, 10019, USA