Share joy with seniors and adults with disabilities by bringing your pet for one-on-one or small group visits at our Adult Day Health Center in South Seattle.
Skills for Volunteer:
- Experience or interest in supporting elders or adults with disabilities.
- Strong verbal communication skills, demonstrating attentiveness, patience, and compassion.
- Willingness to take initiative to engage with positive energy and enthusiasm.
Requirements for Volunteer:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Complete new volunteer application process.
- Pass Washington State Patrol background check.
- Submit a Tuberculosis screening and obtain TB test, if needed.
- Submit proof of flu shot, if volunteering during active flu season.
- Complete an orientation and on-site training.
- Adhere to a confidentiality policy and pledge.
Requirements for Pet:
- Must have suitable temperament.
- Must be controlled by leash or carrying crate.
- Must be restricted from central food preparation areas and clients who object to presence of pets.
- Must have regular examinations and immunizations (current vaccinations), appropriate for the species, by a veterinarian licensed in Washington state, and be veterinarian certified to be free of diseases transmittable to humans.
* All staff and volunteers must ensure that any client's rights, preferences, and medical needs are not compromised by the presence of an animal, and the animal poses no significant health or safety risks to residents, staff or visitors.
Full Life Care is a nonprofit dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for frail elders and adults with illnesses and disabilities, including memory loss, brain injuries, and developmental disabilities. We respect the dignity of our participants and provide for them with care and compassion.
At our Adult Day Health Centers, participants receive skilled rehabilitation, nursing therapies, and other health and social services in a supportive, social environment, including educational and recreational programs.
This is a flexible activity that can be completed whenever you have enough free time.
4712 35th Ave South, Seattle, Washington, 98118, USA