Greenheart Exchange, a nonprofit exchange organization, is seeking volunteer host families for college age exchange students from China for 2 weeks from August 1 to August 17, 2019. The students are coming to study differences between Chinese and U.S culture including health, education, cultural and social differences.
What is expected of me and my family?
- Provide 3 meals a day and a secure and inviting home
- Treat the student like a member of the family, which may include household rules, responsibilities and privileges
- Optional participation in group activities
Note families on this program are provided a stipend of $100/week to help offset expenses of hosting.
Who can host a student?
Greenheart Exchange host families represent the diversity of American culture. Our families are of varied economic, religious and racial backgrounds and include working parents, couples with and without children, single parents, adoptive parents, and empty-nesters. All host families complete an online application and each family member aged 18+ must clear a background check.
What will the students do?
- Arrive with a group of students, accompanied by a bilingual adult chaperone.
- Participate in workshops, tours of the community and activities
- Go on Full and Half Day excursions during the week
- Spend evenings and weekends with their host family
- Share meals, traditions, and daily conversations with you
- Come with his/her own medical insurance and spending money
How do I host?
If you are interested, please start by completing our group online host family application, here: https://www.tfaforms.com/236744
Choose May Meerbreyas the Local Coordinator.
For more information, contact her at:
Phone: (773) 844-2836
This opportunity started on Aug. 1, 2019, 1 a.m. and ended on Aug. 17, 2019, 1 a.m. EDT and happens once. All events occur at an action's local time based on the latest information provided to us. The time listed here has been automatically converted to your device's timezone if yours is different.
Your Home, Chicago, Illinois, 60630, USA
My Action Status
This action has ended, but you can still contact the event organizer to see if there are other ways to help. If you completed it, click the 'completed' button below to get credit and track your impact.
For every action you complete, we plant one tree 🌳
Send us a photo of you completing it to email@example.com or tag @brightest, we'll make it two 🌳🌳