Below are the volunteer opportunities we have available:
- Setting up the market (every Sunday from 7:30 am to 9 am) - Start your Sunday by helping set up signs, tables and the info booth. This is an active task and involves some lifting, carrying, and pulling carts.
- Help run the info booth (9 am to 11 am or 11 am to 1 pm) - Helping at the info booth includes selling market tokens using the debit/credit card machine, selling merchandise, and answering customer questions. We provide training of how to run the debit/ credit/ EBT machine and how to properly distribute DUFB (double up food bucks- our SNAP match program).
- Market Breakdown (12:45 to 2:15 pm) - This consists of taking down tents, collecting the signs and trash, and loading everything back into the truck. Taking down the market is an active task and is my favorite form of exercise!
- Power of Produce (POP) program (every market day)- The POP program are kids activities that we offer at the market each week. We’re looking for a few consistent volunteers to help explain the activity to the kids, stamp their "passport", and administer the $2 tokens.
- Produce bag sewing project- Do you enjoy sewing at home? We’re looking for volunteers to help us make produce bags out of muslin. These bags will be sold at the info booth and the funds will go towards our POP Program. This could be a one-time or ongoing opportunity.
This opportunity started on July 7, 2019, 10:30 a.m. and ended on Dec. 29, 2019, 5:30 p.m. EDT and happens once. All events occur at an action's local time based on the latest information provided to us. The time listed here has been automatically converted to your device's timezone.
1509 SW Sunset Blvd, Portland, Oregon, 97239, USA
My Action Status
This action has ended, but you can still contact the event organizer to see if there are other ways to help. If you completed it, click the 'completed' button below to get credit and track your impact.
For every action you complete, we plant one tree 🌳
Send us a photo of you completing it to email@example.com or tag @brightest, we'll make it two 🌳🌳