Interns will work closely with our accounting team to develop processes, analyze data and complete various projects at Central Library in Downtown Los Angeles. Interns must be reliable and responsible. An ideal candidate has completed fundamental accounting, has a strong interest in learning more about nonprofit operational accounting activities, is proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook, and has basic knowledge of operational accounting and general business practices. We will train an enthusiastic candidate.
Our interns should commit to a minimum of 6 months and work 15 hours per week. Although our internships are unpaid, interns gain an insightful look into the world of accounting and bookkeeping. Our interns receive unparalleled real world experience and exclusive access to industry professionals.
What You Will Do
- Work with our accounting team to identify vendors, audit-proof transactions and record accounting activity
- Organize vendor files, learn hands-on invoice verification procedures and invoice researching techniques
- Assist with the fiscal year-end audit and calendar year-end Form 1099 filings
- Reconcile general ledger accounts, credit card expense reports and bank statements
- Prepare invoices and revenue for posting, assist with payroll processing and learn Excel spreadsheets tricks
- Assist with accounts payable/receivables, create journal entries and perform other duties as assigned
What We Offer
- Invaluable first hand accounting experience
- References/Letters of Recommendation after intern has completed program for a minimum of 6 months
- Young Literati Friend Membership for 1 year upon completion of your internship
- Paid parking and reimbursement of commute mileage, metro pass or bus pass
Our Proven Track Record
- Since 2012, 35 interns have successfully completed our program.
- 35 of our interns have graduated with Bachelors or Masters in Accounting in the top 10% of their class.
- Our interns are highly sought after and now work at Windes, Goldman Sachs, KPMG, Deloitte, City of LA, etc.
Please contact Angela email@example.com (213) 228-7500 for more information.
This opportunity starts on March 1, 2019, 3 a.m. and ends Dec. 31, 2020, 3 a.m. EST and happens once. All events occur at an action's local time based on the latest information provided to us. The time listed here has been automatically converted to your device's timezone.
Los Angeles Central Library, 630 W 5TH ST, LOS ANGELES, California, 90071, USA