The Caribbean Marketplace would not be possible without the help of many volunteers. Volunteers setup/tear down, write articles, take photos, create videos, and of course, keep the market running every Saturday.
Being a volunteer for the Caribbean Marketplace means meeting great people in your neighborhood, learning about the market and the importance of fresh local foods, and most of all ... having fun!
- Setup: Help set up umbrellas, tables, chairs, and signs. This position can include heavy lifting.
- Greeters move throughout the market answering questions and directing customers to their favorite vendors. Greeters give breaks to market vendors, take pictures, hand out dog biscuits and handbills, and perform the hourly customer count. This volunteer role involves more interaction with customers and vendors than any other.
- Information Booth volunteers run the Caribbean Marketplace booth. Duties include answering customer questions, selling market merchandise, and more.
- Breakdown: Help take down umbrellas, tables, chairs, and signs. This position can include heavy lifting.
- Contribute to our weekly e-newsletter as a market writer or reporter.
- Distribute posters and flyers to your favorite cafes, shops and public places.
- Take photos at the market of volunteers, customers, and farmers.
- Write articles for community publications.
- Create printed materials such as flyers, schedules, posters and other promotional items.
If you are interested in signing up for a volunteer shift, please sign up through Volunteer Match. Once we have received your online form Sandra Louissias, our Information Clerk, will contact you to schedule your first shift. You can also email Sandra at SLMorisseau@miamigov.com with any questions.
This opportunity started on July 13, 2019, 10 a.m. and ended on July 13, 2019, 5 p.m. EDT and happens once. All events occur at an action's local time based on the latest information provided to us. The time listed here has been automatically converted to your device's timezone.
5925 NE 2nd Avenue, Miami, Florida, 33137, USA
My Action Status
This action has ended, but you can still contact the event organizer to see if there are other ways to help. If you completed it, click the 'completed' button below to get credit and track your impact.
For every action you complete, we plant one tree 🌳
Send us a photo of you completing it to email@example.com or tag @brightest, we'll make it two 🌳🌳