Volunteers are an important part of the LA Regional Food Bank's operations. The Food Bank consistently needs volunteers and community supports to help sort, inspect, and repackage donated food items from local food drives. Volunteers will be part of a network which serves food to approximately 400,000 people in need through the Food Bank and its partner charities in the greater LA metro area every week.
No walk-ins allowed. Please dress in comfortable clothing, such as jeans, t-shirts, and tennis shoes. All volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes.
In addition to standard health and sanitation procedures, the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank, has also committed to:
- Implementing social distancing measures. Food Bank staff will ensure appropriate distance is maintained between each volunteer during check-in, orientation, and during the volunteer event.
- Providing hand sanitizer pumps.
- Sanitation staff will sanitize the facility regularly both inside and out, meeting room, door frames, restrooms, break room, door handles, and other often touched surfaces.
- Providing gloves to all volunteers. (See ‘how to safely remove gloves’ guide)
- We will also display best practices throughout the event, encouraging everyone to wash their hands for at least twenty seconds and to elbow bump instead of shake hands. Please also reference ‘What You Need to Know’ about COVID-19 from the County of Los Angles Public Health
This is a flexible activity that can be completed whenever you have enough free time.
1734 East 41st Street, Los Angeles, California, 90058, USA