Make the Road New York, an immigrant rights organization, is looking for volunteers to facilitate 2 hour English conversation lab sessions on Fridays from January to June 2019. The labs have 2 components:
- an hour and a half ESL component in which volunteers facilitate activities geared towards helping students build English conversational skills,
- a smaller, half hour component in which volunteers help students use Gmail and conduct internet searches that students will do to complete their class assignments.
- 8:45 am-10:45 am
- 10:45 am - 12:45 pm
- 11:15 am-1:15 pm
- 3 pm- 5:30 pm
- Friday, January 18 th 2:30-5:30 pm
- Tuesday, January 22 nd 5:30-8:30 pm NEAR CAPACITY: LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE
- Wednesday, January 23 rd 2:30-5:30 pm
Skills and Requirements:
- A strong interest in Adult Education
- Tech savvy
- Effective communication and flexibility (Whenever possible, volunteers facilitators work in pairs. In addition, volunteers often receive feedback about class techniques and content.)
- Connection with the mission of MRNY
- Application materials, orientation & Training
- 2nd language learners must have advanced English skills
This opportunity started on Jan. 13, 2019, 11 p.m. and ended on June 26, 2019, 11 p.m. CST and happens once. All events occur at an action's local time based on the latest information provided to us. The time listed here has been automatically converted to your device's timezone.
92-10 ROOSEVELT AVE., Jackson Heights, New York, 11372, USA
My Action Status
This action has ended, but you can still contact the event organizer to see if there are other ways to help. If you completed it, click the 'completed' button below to get credit and track your impact.
For every action you complete, we plant one tree 🌳
Send us a photo of you completing it to firstname.lastname@example.org or tag @brightest, we'll make it two 🌳🌳