Purpose: Meals on Wheels San Diego County has served meals to countless seniors in the community with the mission to support their independence and well-being. The purpose of the Walk committee is to actively raise funds and awareness for the annual March for Meals 5K Charity Walk, which directly benefits Meals on Wheels San Diego County. This year’s Walk will take place on March 21, 2020 at Liberty Station in NTC Park. The Walk committee member uses their sphere of influence to help meet the annual fundraising goal.
- Attend monthly committee meetings
- Solicit new businesses for sponsorships opportunities
- Help support marketing efforts to recruit Team Captains. Support team captains in fundraising efforts.
- Assist MOW staff with the procurement and solicitation of raffle items. Make follow up phone calls and schedule pick up of donations.
- Promote the Walk in the community.
- Create a team, fundraise and attend the Walk.
- Assist with event set-up, break-down and day of preparations.
Estimate time: September 2019 to March 2020
This opportunity starts on Sept. 1, 2019, 3 a.m. and ends March 21, 2020, 3 a.m. EDT and happens once. All events occur at an action's local time based on the latest information provided to us. The time listed here has been automatically converted to your device's timezone if yours is different.
2254 San Diego Ave #100, San Diego, California, 92110, USA