Miami Children’s Museum is dedicated to enriching the lives of all children by fostering a love of learning through play and enabling children to realize their highest potential. For this reason, we are looking for energetic individuals to assist the team during the summer. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in the museum. You will have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the daily operation of the museum as you interact with our visitors. Volunteers are responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service at all times, and ensuring our visitors have the best experience possible.
Some of the duties as a volunteer may include:
- Maintaining exhibit floor upkeep
- Assisting museum educators with drop-ins while engaging guests and encouraging them to participate and have fun
- Informing the team if any electronics or exhibit props may need to be fixed or replaced
- Assisting tour guides with guided tours
- Assisting the studio artist in setting-up and preparing materials for art projects
- Checking-in guests for birthday parties
- Assisting hosts with party room set-up and clean-up
This is a great opportunity for any high school or college students in need of community service hours.
Minimum age is 16 years old
Must attend orientation
Mandatory background check, drug screening, and fingerprinting for anyone over 18 years old. No exceptions.
This is a flexible activity that can be completed whenever you have enough free time.
980 MacArthur Causeway, Miami, Florida, 33132, USA