CURRENT VOLUNTEER POSITIONS FOR NEW HOPE ANIMAL RESCUE:
New Hope Animal Rescue is a 501c3 that saves dogs and cats from kill shelters. We are always in need of dedicated and passionate volunteers to help us save lives! If you have a big heart and passion for animal rescue, we want to talk to you! If you are interested in volunteering, email firstname.lastname@example.org to start a conversation!
CAT CARETAKER AND SOCIALIZER - PETSMART CATTERIES, Austin TX
We are seeking cat socializers and caretakers for our PetSmart catteries, which are a critical component of our cat rescue. Training is provided by an experienced volunteer at each location. While we need volunteers to commit to a specific day or days of the week, shifts can be fulfilled during any time PetSmart is open. We just ask that when you commit to a shift, to please give us plenty of notice if you are unable to make it.
- PetSmart South Park Meadows - 9300 S IH 35 Frontage Rd, Austin, TX 78748
- PetSmart Brodie Lane - 5207 Brodie Ln, Sunset Valley, TX 78745
- Socialize, play with, pet and cuddle cats and kittens.
- Scooping litter boxes
- Changing and filling water and food dishes
- Cleaning and wipe down cages
- Change bedding
- Sweeping and mopping cattery floor
ADDITIONAL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES FOR DOG AND CAT LOVERS:
Allergic to cats? Prefer dogs? Don’t want to clean? Have some time you can donate doing computer work or making phone calls? We have many other volunteer opportunities!
- Pet Profiles: Help our rescued pets get forever homes by creating compelling but accurate pet profiles on PetFinder.com. New Hope provides the basic information while this volunteer would also contact fosters for additional photos and a description of the pet’s personality.
- Screen Adopters:You can help us identify the applicants we should invest the most time in by doing initial reference checks on applications for dogs and/or cats. We provide you with the list of questions!
- Foster Animals: Dogs or cats! You can find foster applications here:
- Adoption Events: Assist us at weekend adoption events in Austin
- Fundraise: Host a fundraiser online or at your home or business - funds are vital to our mission as we pay for medical care, food, cages, bedding and supplies.
- Give Freedom Rides:We will add you to our list of contacts willing to drive to the shelter to transport animals we have tagged for rescue. There is no better high than giving a shelter pet a freedom ride!
This opportunity starts on July 1, 2019, noon and ends Feb. 6, 2021, 6 p.m. EDT and happens once. All events occur at an action's local time based on the latest information provided to us. The time listed here has been automatically converted to your device's timezone if yours is different.
9300 S IH 35 Frontage Rd, Austin, Texas, 78748, USA