Development and Events Volunteer
PRC is looking for an organized and experienced individual to assist with fundraising campaigns and events on an ongoing basis. Recently, Positive Resource Center merged with the AIDS Emergency Fund and Baker Places to form PRC, a San Francisco-based nonprofit whose mission is to help people affected by HIV/AIDS, substance use, or mental health issues better realize opportunities by providing integrated legal, social, and health services that address the broad range of social risk factors that impact wellness and limit potential.
Assist the development team with various functions, including data collection and reporting, donor appreciation and communications, mailings, and silent auction coordination and execution. The volunteer selected for this position will report to the Annual Fund Manager with support from the Director of Community Engagement.
- Data Entry/Database - Help to input and maintain donor database.
- Special Events - Support the development team on coordination and logistics for any and all special events that benefit PRC (e.g. AIDS Walk, Pride Brunch).
- Silent Auction Support - Solicit local businesses via email, by phone, and in person for silent auction items. Create unique descriptions for donated items. Organize, maintain, and accrue donor information.Help the Development Associate and the Director of Annual Giving stage two to three annual events featuring silent auctions.
- One to two half-day per week on a long-term basis; hours are flexible. Most take place during Monday thru Friday business hours, with some weekend and evening work.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Must be able to type at least 25 WPM.
- Basic computer skills in MS Office.
- Proficiency in Outlook, internet and social media websites.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of email marketing services is helpful but not necessary.
This opportunity starts on June 10, 2019, 3 a.m. and ends Dec. 31, 2019, 3 a.m. EDT and happens once. All events occur at an action's local time based on the latest information provided to us. The time listed here has been automatically converted to your device's timezone if yours is different.
170 9th Street, San Francisco, California, 94103, USA