This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual passionate about Rosemount’s mission with a track record of leadership and community involvement. The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience and leadership accomplishments in business, education, law, finance, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector;
- Personal qualities of integrity, character, and a passion for early childhood education and family support program.
Board member responsibilities include:
Leadership, Governance and Oversight:
- With the CEO, develops Rosemount’s strategic plan. Monitors Rosemount’s progress in implementing long-range goals;
- Fiduciary responsibilities -Reviews and approves the annual budget and audit reports;
- Ensures Rosemount is meeting requirements established by funding agencies, including Early Head Start;
- Serves as an ambassador and spokesperson. Recruits candidates for board appointment.
- Board Members make an annual contribution commensurate with their ability;
- Identify potential donors and introduce them to Rosemount Center;
- Attend and support all Rosemount Center fundraising events.
Board Terms and Participation:
- Serves a three-year term with a possible re-appointment for one additional term;
- Attends all Board and Committee meetings;
- Serves on a board committee and takes on special assignments as needed.
We are currently seeking board members with legal or financial expertise.
This opportunity starts on Jan. 2, 2017, midnight and ends Jan. 2, 2020, midnight EST and happens once. All events occur at an action's local time based on the latest information provided to us. The time listed here has been automatically converted to your device's timezone if yours is different.
2000 Rosemount Avenue NW, Washington, 20010, USA