TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDxSeattle , where x = independently organized TED event.
TEDxSeattle is one of the first and longest running TEDx events in the world. Now we are proud to say it is one of the largest as well. What started in 2010 as a single-day event called TEDxRainier with an audience of 600 people has evolved into TEDxSeattle with an audience that now fills McCaw Hall’s 2,800 seat auditorium.
The TEDxSeattle organization and annual event is a 100% volunteer-run and self-supporting nonprofit and we are currently looking for a Merchandise Manager to join our team!
Do you have an eye for design, a background in retail or fashion, and the business know-how to manage your own P&L statement? We’re looking for someone to take TEDxSeattle’s merchandise game to the next level. This is a crossfuntional role in which you will work closely with the Partnerships team, Design team, and vendors to deliver killer TEDxSeattle branded merchandise.
Why participate? Gain the satisfaction of being a critical part of a large, influential event tied to a global brand. Open doors with the Seattle business community of thinkers and doers. Get a powerful resume builder. Serve as an integral part of a supportive, passion-driven volunteer-run community. Be involved with an organization offering a long track record of game-changing events and building community.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Help us get a foot in the door with local brands who want to collaborate on merchandise.
- Define creative ways to sell merchandise sponsorship opportunities to new and existing partners.
- Work with our designers and manufacturers to deliver best of class merchandise.
- Build a budget & forecast with the ultimate goal of net profits for the organization.
- Manage retail sales on the day of the event, November 23rd, 2019.
- Experience with the product development process of taking hard goods (ideally apparel) from ideation to launch.
- A strong eye for design with experience working on consumer goods.
- Have worked with local Seattle apparel, design, and/or retail brands.
- Retail Sales Experience preferred
- Basic budgeting forecasting skills preferred
- 3-5 hours per week
- All-day on November 23rd, 2019
Next step: Does this role resonate with you? If so, please send us your resume along with an email telling us about yourself and why you are an ideal candidate to join the TEDxSeattle team. Submit resume/email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a flexible activity that can be completed whenever you have enough free time.
Seattle area, Seattle, Washington, 98104, USA