The Safe Haven Network is looking for an experienced community organizer and event coordinator to manage our annual supply drive for Domestic Violence Awareness Month. The supply drive runs from October 1 through October 31, utilizing community partners to host collection bins throughout Chicago and the surrounding suburbs to collect the items most needed by domestic violence shelters and animal shelters that serve our community. Learn more about last year's supply drive on our website: https://thesafehavennetwork.org/shn-events/2018/10/1/shns-annual-ndvam-supply-drive
- Establish and maintain relationships with collection sites and recipient organizations
- Recruit volunteers as needed to support collection sites and recipient organizations
- Find and secure necessary venues for bin decoration, donation sorting, and donation storage
- Coordinate bin decoration, drop-off, donation collection, donation sorting, and donation delivery
- Manage and oversee events on the day of bin decoration and donation sorting, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with volunteers, etc.
- Communicate with social media team to create effective promotion for each event
- Anticipate and plan for possible different scenarios
- Create engagement opportunities for future events during partner liaisons and during events
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to present event ideas and plans
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- Degree in event planning or marketing preferred
- Previous event planning experience
- Team management Experience
How to Apply
This opportunity started on Aug. 1, 2019, 1 a.m. and ended on Nov. 16, 2019, 1 a.m. EDT and happens once. All events occur at an action's local time based on the latest information provided to us. The time listed here has been automatically converted to your device's timezone.
Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, 60606, USA
My Action Status
This action has ended, but you can still contact the event organizer to see if there are other ways to help. If you completed it, click the 'completed' button below to get credit and track your impact.
For every action you complete, we plant one tree 🌳
Send us a photo of you completing it to email@example.com or tag @brightest, we'll make it two 🌳🌳