The West End Museum, which is run entirely by volunteers, is looking for someone to work with the marketing and other committees to help coordinate promotional, PR and other marketing activities. Help to ensure that the marketing committee continues to communicate effectively through all its channels and develops new audiences.
- High level of personal motivation
- Marketing or PR background is required
- Writing, communication and organizational skills are a must
- Proven success developing outreach and engagement strategies is highly preferred
- Interest in the history and culture of Boston’s West End is a plus
- Participate in strategic communications planning
- Brainstorm, propose, and execute outreach and engagement campaigns
- Coordinate scheduling of monthly marketing committee meetings and take minutes
- Manage submissions of calendar listings to community newspapers, local websites and Museum-affiliated organizations, including third party email lists determined by the Museum
- Contribute to marketing projects, e.g., electronic communications, brochure design, promotional campaigns, etc. as needed
Most of this volunteer position is done remotely. You need to be available once a month for marketing committee meetings, some of which are conducted at the Museum, some via conference call. You need to be able to commit approximately 3-5 hours per week for a period of at least 3 months.
To apply, please send your resume and a note about any relevant experience not reflected in it.
This is a flexible activity that can be completed whenever you have enough free time.
150 Staniford St., (Entrance on Lomasney Way), Boston, Massachusetts, 02114, USA