Title IX Girls Running Club is a non-profit organization looking for women to become a volunteer coach. This is an unpaid, volunteer position. Coaches will coach at one of our Cambridge-based program sites approximately two hours per week, in season including some weekends. Some travel will be necessary and coaches are required to make a one-year commitment (3 seasons, 8 weeks per season) to the program. Each program runs for 8 weeks.
Deliver the Whole Girl Workout, three seasons per year, including supporting the ongoing data collection and evaluation process efforts (e.g., administering surveys to girls). Additionally, the volunteer coaches will be expected to participate in (i) clinically informed training with the full team of coaches and staff, (ii) CPR and First Aid training and (iii) in-between season team building and fundraising activities and events.
- Solid understanding of the organization’s mission and background
- Experience working with adolescents
- A clear understanding of how her own life experiences will influence engagement with girls, peers and coaching style.
- Diversity among professional background, personal interests, and experiences, including self-identification as a runner
- Bilingual (preferred)
- High level of accountability and commitment
- Work closely with the Program Manager and Coaches
- Work well on a team
- Be willing to promote club announcements within personal and professional networks
- Raise awareness of the organization’s mission via social media
- Run and workout with the team each week during Club
This opportunity starts on Sept. 3, 2019, 4:15 p.m. and ends Oct. 30, 2019, 6:15 p.m. EDT and happens once. All events occur at an action's local time based on the latest information provided to us. The time listed here has been automatically converted to your device's timezone.
Danehy Park & The Port Neighborhood, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 02139, USA