This summer, our Minneapolis food stand will be open on Tuesdays and Wednesdays starting on July 23rd and running until mid-September.
Our Farm & Nutrition team is looking for volunteers who would take a shift on one of those days and help run our (stationary) Food Truck. Seeking volunteers who can be consistent.
Dates:Tuesdays and Wednesdays (July 23rd - September 25th)
Times: 9:30am - 2:00pm (Shifts will be split from 9:30am - 11:30am and 11:30am - 2:00pm)
9:30am - 11:30am Shift:
- Volunteer would work with our high school interns to harvest vegetables needed for salad (lettuce, cucumber, radish, onion, etc. whatever is ready that week!)
- Wash, chop and prepare the vegetables for the salad (our interns under 16 are not allowed to use knives, but they are free to tear greens)
11:30am - 2:00pm Shift:
- The market will be open during this time
- Volunteers will be in the truck assisting students with taking orders, preparing salads, preparing pizza (made right next to the truck in our woodfire pizza oven), serving food, etc.
- Volunteers will start clean up around 1:30pm
We are looking for 2 consistent volunteers for each shift, each day. If you have an interest, you could stay and cover both of the shifts.
* All volunteers will be trained in before volunteering
* All volunteers must be 18 years
* All volunteers must complete a Background Check
This opportunity started on July 23, 2019, 10:30 a.m. and ended on Sept. 25, 2019, 3 p.m. EDT and happens once. All events occur at an action's local time based on the latest information provided to us. The time listed here has been automatically converted to your device's timezone.
2852 5th Ave S, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 55408, USA
My Action Status
This action has ended, but you can still contact the event organizer to see if there are other ways to help. If you completed it, click the 'completed' button below to get credit and track your impact.
For every action you complete, we plant one tree 🌳
Send us a photo of you completing it to email@example.com or tag @brightest, we'll make it two 🌳🌳