This is a hub for high-impact Democratic and progressive political volunteer opportunities from the Virginia Education Association (VEA) to help you get involved shaping the future of our families, schools, and government.
VEA is a Union of more than 50,000 Virginia teachers and school support professionals working for the betterment of public education in the Commonwealth. Established in 1863, VEA is a Union dedicated to advancing quality instruction and curriculum, adequate funding, and excellent working conditions for Virginia public employees.
1. We advocate for public education, as well as the professional development and fair treatment of educators.
2. We help our colleagues develop their skills through shared professional learning and mentoring.
3. We advocate at both the state and school division level for competitive salaries as well as increased school funding, so Virginia can retain and attract great teachers and support staff.
4. We work to show the public the important social good that public schools, teachers, and education support professionals deliver.
5. We defend and protect members from unfair regulations, working conditions, and professional liabilities.